-->
loading...

THE BEST STEAK FAJITAS


These fajitas were gobbled up quicker than anything i’ve ever made before – that’s saying a lot because I feel like i’m ALWAYS cooking. And these make A LOT, enough to feed 4-5 people! We enjoyed them in tortillas the first day and turned them into to Chipotle-style fajitas bowls for lunch the next day and we still had some leftovers! And nope, i’m not even complaining about them. I’ll definitely be making these over and over again on repeat.

You can totally do with the regular red and green peppers if you’d like, but I love the color and the flavor that yellow and orange peppers add to this recipe. I’m definitely one of those people that eat with my eyes first. I also like to add in a BIG poblano pepper. Remove all the ribs and seeds so the spice is gone. We just want the nice smokiness of the poblano sizzled with the onions and bell peppers — the flavor is out of this world. I can’t believe I had been making fajitas without poblanos for so long before this. I almost feel like I cheated myself out of the best fajitas.

prep time: 3 HOURS 15 MINS
cook time: 15 MINS
total time: 3 HOURS 30 MINS

The absolute BEST Steak Fajitas you’ve ever had! This is my take on the tex-mex steak fajitas. Marinated for hours in lime juice, garlic, and cumin — so good you’ll never use another recipe again!

INGREDIENTS

STEAK MARINADE:
  • ⅓ cup lime juice
  • ¼ cup pineapple juice (no sugar added)
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 2 teaspoon EACH: ground cumin AND chili powder (or more to taste)
  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
  • 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper
  • ¼ cup chopped cilantro

FAJITAS:
  • 1 ½ – 2 pounds skirt or flank steak
  • 1 tablespoon oil (high heat)
  • 2 medium white onions, sliced
  • 1 large poblano, ribs and seeds removed then sliced
  • 2-3 bell peppers (any color you please!)

OPTIONAL:
guacamole,salsa, cilantro leaves, salsa verde, sour cream, black beans, rice, tortillas, cilantro lime rice, sautéed corn, tomatoes, lettuce, shredded cheese, etc.

INSTRUCTIONS

Get the full instruction @ littlespicejar.com 

loading...
OpenCloseComment