-->
loading...

LAZY SUMMER CUCUMBER SALAD (GF)


This Lazy Cool Cucumber Salad is what I look most forward to during a bbq each summer. 
Chop the cucumber in 1 cm rings and then in quarters
I don't know about you, but hosting a bbq for a crowd is so much easier when you take a few shortcuts à la Costco. Yes, a homemade tzatziki is surely delicious but hey, these days I intend to relax with a cold drink and chat with my guests.  Of course I can make everything from scratch which is easy enough, but sometimes shortcuts rock for efficiency and economy.  And you can focus on more important things like putting up your feet (or making a dessert!)

I bought long English cucumbers (3 in a pack), sour cream and tzatziki (2 containers in a pack!) at Costco to make my salad.  

1. Take 2 washed English cukes and chop up thusly...

2.  Place the chopped cucumber in a colander and sprinkle with kosher salt.  The cucumber will release a good deal of liquid so I sit the colander over my sink.  

3.  Ready your dressing culprits:  use one tzatziki container (500ml) and 2 cups of sour cream.  


4.  Mix the dressing thoroughly.  If you want to get fancy, you can add more finely chopped garlic, dill or chopped scallions.  I don't bother usually because that defeats the purpose of this being a Lazy Salad.  Less chopping=lazygood. 


5.  After approximately 20 minutes, take the cucumber and place on paper towels or clean dishtowels.  


6.  Squeeze the cucumbers gently to dry excess moisture. 


7.  Place the cucumber in the bowl along with the dressing. 


8.  Mix gently to combine.  Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours for best flavour.  Serve with grilled meats, seafood  as an accompaniment.  

loading...
OpenCloseComment