-->
loading...

buttermilk blueberry breakfast cake


This cake is a long-time family favorite. My mother made it for my siblings and me when we were young, and every time I pull it out of the oven, clichè as it sounds, I am reminded of summer mornings in my childhood kitchen. It’s simple, adaptable, and make aheadable.

Over the years, many questions have been asked, which I’ve answered as best as I can in the comments. I’ve answered a few FAQs in the notes below the recipe as well.

Prep Time: 15 minutes 
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes 
Yield: 12 to 16 pieces

INGREDIENTS
  • ½ cup (8 tablespoons | 4 oz | 113 g ) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • zest from 1 large lemon
  • 1 cup (214 g) sugar (set aside 1 tablespoon for sprinkling)
  • 1 egg, room temperature
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 cups (256 g) all-purpose flour (set aside 1/4 cup of this to toss with the blueberries)
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. kosher salt (I like 1.25 tsp)
  • 2 cups fresh blueberries, picked over
  • ½ cup buttermilk, see FAQs below

INSTRUCTIONS

Get the instruction @ alexandracooks.com 

loading...
OpenCloseComment